Buying Adult Content Online
Purchasing adult content online (whether on Adultwork or other porn sites) with your credit or debit card carries a number of risks, for example your card and personal information could be stolen. For married punters the obvious one is being found out when the credit card bill arrives. Although identity theft is more common in the real world, it still happens online pretty frequently, as does credit card fraud.
There are a few methods whereby you can still buy adult content online without compromising your security or privacy.
Prepaid Credit Cards
With prepaid credit cards you can shop online anonymously and safely; and some of them are not connected to your bank account or any other credit card you might have. Hence your personal information, such as bank accounts and credit cards details, remain protected from abuse.
The main reason for using a prepaid card on an adult site is the desire to maintain anonymity. Prepaid cards ensure that there is a fair level of anonymity and you do not need to share your credit/debit card details online. Another benefit of using prepaid cards their issuers do not generate paper statements which are likely to end up on your doorstep through the post or as an email.
A prepaid card is not linked to your bank account which means that you can feel more comfortable using it as opposed to a credit or debit card where large amounts of funds are potentially available and could make you easily identifiable.
Another bonus is that if the number from a prepaid credit card is stolen, it’s anonymous, and criminals can’t gain access to anything more than the amount that’s still available on the card. Prepaid means that you can only spend money that has been loaded onto the card.
If privacy when booking an outcall to your hotel is your main concern, using a prepaid credit card is ideal as it will not be registered to your real name. In some hotels you can even check in via their self service machines (avoiding human contact entirely) and to check out you just hand in your room's key card at reception on your way out.
Prepaid credit cards can also be used for payments in the Google play store, Apple App Store or iTunes Store, and are accepted for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network (PSN) purchases.
Prepaid Credit Cards comparison sites
Prepaid Credit Cards vary in terms of: fees charged per transaction, loading and reloading charges, fees for withdrawing money from cash machines, etc. It's a good idea to spend some time doing a bit of research to find out which of these prepaid cards are best for you. There are a number of websites that compare prepaid credit cards, such as:
Paysafecard (formerly UKash)
Paysafe is an electronic money transfer system that allows users to exchange their cash for a secure 16 digit PIN to make payments online, for gaming, social media & communities and music, film & entertainment industries, as well as in many other areas. The system is authorized and regulated by the UK's Financial Conduct Authority.
- You buy paysafecard in the following amounts: £10, £25, £50, £75, £100.
- Pay with paysafecard online by entering the 16-digit paysafecard PIN.
- You can make larger payments by combining up to 10 paysafecard PINs.
- You can combine PINs to use up any remaining credit on a paysafecard PIN.
To find a Paysafecard shop look for a shop that offers: Paypoint, Payzone or EPay - most off-licenses, corner shops and some supermarkets will sell it.
Alternatively you can visit the Paysafecard's website and use their store locator to find a seller near you. https://www.paysafecard.com/en-gb/buy/
- Please note: Ukash distribution stopped on 31st August 2015. If you have any Ukash vouchers they must be used by 31st October 2015.
Premium Rate SMS Message and Adultwork.com
You can buy Adultwork credits by registering your mobile number with them. They will then send you premium rate text messages which will contain a unique code that can be entered on the site to redeem the value of the message as credits.
If you are worried about security (you should be) then it is advisable to use a pay as you go mobile (ideally a punting phone) with sufficient credit on it to buy premium rate SMS messages from Adultwork.
Relevant Threads on UKP Forums
- Question about AdultWork credits
- Booking hotel with own credit card, but want to give false name
- London hotel that doesn't need a credit card?
- I wish WGs would accept Credit Cards from their regulars
- How to book a hotel?
- Footprints or clues (avoiding leaving clues)
- Prepaid Cards?
- Ukash Warning (nosey shopkeeper)
- Ukash (to view private gallery pics)
- Buying credits on AdultWork (with Ukash)
- Adultwork's new age verification rule
- Question about AdultWork credits
- Where to buy a prepaid credit card Jan 17
- Money facts - Prepaid cards for students
- Fairfx Cards
- Prepaid 365
- Ukash Home
- Payzone Home Page
- Thomas Cook Travel Money Card
- Cheeky Punter - UKash Accepted Betting Websites
- Paypoint Home Page
- Pocket An account that leads to a card. But you get the card by mail.